- News & Features
- Real Estate
- MOST RECENT: Conan O’Brien returns to late night with Canadian stars aplenty (1 hour ago)
A critical guide to TV, movies, theatre and music, with daily event roundups to max out your social calendar
Team Canada for Coco
For Conan O’Brien fans, NBC’s unceremonious dumping of the ginger-topped comedian was pure sacrilege. But if you thought Coco was gone for good, you were wrong. Along with sidekick Andy Richter, Conan returns to the airwaves tonight, and this time, he’s got a beard. He’s also brought a gaggle of Canucks along for the ride.
Airing on TBS (the Comedy Network and CTV in Canada), tonight’s debut episode features Vancouver funny man Seth Rogen as the featured guest, and Thursday’s show is an all-Canadian affair with Michael Cera and Jon Dore taking turns in the hot seat. And while we’ll tune in for the CanCon lineup, will anyone else?
In the past, O’Brien has enjoyed a devoted audience in those too hip to laugh at Leno, but a Hollywood Reporter survey found that only 35 per cent of viewers are even aware he’s on TBS. Despite a rough year, Conan still has a way of making us laugh, often with his hair (this time facial). And with a gang of our own to help him through his first week, he should do just fine, so long as TBS has just a tad more patience than NBC.
(Image: Conan by Ryan Olsen.)
by Lia Grainger November 8, 2010 at 11:47 am
- Boredom brings Conan O’Brien to Massey Hall
- The (Long) Weekender: Smoke’s poutine-eating contest, Conan O’Brien’s show and six other things to do this May 24
- Laura Secord returns to Canadian ownership
- Life in the Fast lane: Canadian designer Mark Fast returns home after turning heads in London
- Metaphors aplenty: OMB approves condo buildings that will literally overshadow Queen’s Park
- Proposed law would make “tipping out” illegal at restaurants 23
- The Bay vs. Holts: the Bay’s scheme to steal the fashion crown from Holts 20
- Bloor West Village Guide: our 20 favourite places between High Park and the Humber 16
- How Ford-friendly will the new council be? A councillor-by-councillor analysis 16
- Six highlights from the now-infamous “Coach Rob Ford” interview with CBC’s As It Happens 15
Comment on this post
Neither the author nor Toronto Life necessarily agrees with the comments posted below. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. Toronto Life reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely. Read our full policy
Links and Offers
- Behold the fairytale beauty of the exquisite Hôtel de Glace—just minutes away from Québec City. Be captivated by its sparkling magic for an unforgettable experience you’ll cherish forever.
- TradeKey.com – Trade with millions of wholesale suppliers and buyers at world fastest growing online B2B Marketplace
- Fashion4us is an online Asian fashion (Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese) wholesaler. Consumers will be satisfied with the original quality and huge discount on wholesale clothing collections.
- DHgate is a leading online marketplace for the world’s small and medium size businesses and the largest China wholesale products trading platform.
- CottageCountry.com – Your source for finding cottage rentals & private vacation homes across North America.
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- ALLERGIES? Want a healthier indoor environment? Window and Door Screen that STOPS POLLENS.
- Toronto Real Estate. Toronto’s largest agent website. New listings everyday!
Most popular stories this week
- Weekly Lunch Pick: the soft shell crab BLT at Nota Bene (4 hours ago)
- New menu at Caplansky’s nods to vegetarians (2 days ago)
- Inside the fridge of chef Marc Thuet and restaurateur Biana Zorich (2 days ago)
- Super Shopper: our monthly roundup of the city’s best stuff (3 days ago)
- A coat rack that makes the bundling-up season brighter (4 days ago)
- We’re coveting these skinny cargo pants (4 days ago)
- Conan O’Brien returns to late night with Canadian stars aplenty (1 hour ago)
- Today in Toronto: Leon Redbone (3 hours ago)
- See “sleeper hit” Scott Pilgrim vs. the World for free tonight (2 days ago)
- Editorial Internships
- Marketplace classifieds
© 2010. All Rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part strictly prohibited. Toronto Life is a registered trademark of Toronto Life Publishing Company Limited
Conan O’Brien returns to late night with Canadian stars aplentyIn Canada on November 8, 2010 at 13:56